Diffus wins Designboom + LG Light design competition
Organized by Designboom and co-hosted by LG Display, the light design competition with the theme ‘You dream, we light’ saw 2.700 applications from 60 countries submitting their ideas. After extensive discussion among the distinguished members of the judging panel, 5 finalists were selected based on their potential contribution to design innovation and their ability to enrich society.
And the first price winner is…Diffus Design!
Diffus Design, together with Ecophon/Saint-Gobain created ELAC (Embroidered Light for Acoustic Ceilings), a game-changing concept for embedding light into acoustic ceiling panels.
The jury was composed of:
– Korean Association of Industrial Designers – President of association Do Sung Chung.
– Dean of IDAS, Hongik University – Prof. Dr. Ken NAH.
– Korean Association of Lighting Designers – President of association Mee Jeong.
– Vice President / OLED Light Business Division SungSoo Park.
– Vice President / OLED Light Sales/Marketing Division JoonHyuck Park.
– OLED Light Product Planning Task Sungsoo Hong.
– OLED Light Product Planning Task Chiyoung Lee.
– OLED Light Product Planning Task SeonWook Jung.
– OLED Light Product Planning Task HyeCho Shin.
– OLED Light Marketing Team Ryan Lee.
– LG Electronics Design Center, H&A Design Center Leader Yong Duk Cha.
– LG Electronics Design Center, Principal Designer Yoo Seok Cho.